There are always lawsuits that give new subject matter for the blog. You probably saw the L.A. man who sued a casino for getting him drunk and causing him to lose $500,000. (LA Times) Sure, why not fail to accept any personal responsibility?
I decided that I really didn’t want to blog on that kind of negativity nonsense. Instead, how about another positive list?
Al Wentworth blogs for Yahoo with a list of 7 Simple ways to Get on Track to Better Health. If you click the attachment, it will give you more discussion on this list. These are good reminders. Here are the seven; a much more positive blog topic!
1. Eat more produce
2. Learn how to locate sugar. “Sugar is a skin wrecker”.
3. Don’t skip meals. Helps get the metabolism revved up.
4. Snack strategically. Don’t snack more than 600 calories per day.
5. Track your progress. This is a reminder that I need to get a Fitbit!
6. Avoid liquid calories. Your body doesn’t even register them to fill you up. An orange is better than orange juice.
7. Substitute sweets with better choices.
In my business, I see the effects of health difficulties. We may not be able to stay out of the way of someone who ignores a red light. We can put the brakes on bad choices for our health.
DID YOU KNOW that you can make a clock by using a copper wire, a penny and a lemon or potato. (Honestly, I read this and included it in the blog, but I wonder if someone is being funny. Otherwise, wouldn’t we hear the expression of “making clocks out of lemons” instead of “turning lemons into lemonade”?) When I typed “DID YOU KNOW” I felt like I should type “DO YOU BELIEVE?”.
For pic o’ day, I have posted this before. I am posting it again because it is one of my favorites.